Northanger Abbey : Outdoor Theatre
If you are ready to indulge in some fantasy, be it romance, intrigue or even something a bit....darker, join us at our "Class for Aspiring Novelists". Hosted by Jane Austen (and Heartbreak Productions), let your imagination run wild at this outdoor theatre performance. But do bear in mind - the imagination can be a powerful beast…
When an ordinary young lady is whisked away from her ordinary village home to make her entrance into society in bustling Bath, she is suddenly living out the fantasy life her favourite novelists wrote about. However, one shouldn't believe everything one reads...should one?
Faux friendships and real romance help to define this as an Austen classic. Social commentary, humour and parody ensure that Heartbreak Production’s outdoor performance of Northanger Abbey will be the perfect summer evening’s entertainment.
Recommended age: 8+
Running time: 2 hours plus a 20 minute interval after 1 hour
Venue Information : Bangor Castle Walled Garden.
• Doors will open half an hour before the show starts. Performances should last approximately 2 hours.
• Ards and North Down Borough Council will be providing chairs for the event – please do not bring your own.
• This is an outdoor event - please dress appropriately for the weather and wherever possible try to avoid use of umbrellas.
• Feel free to bring along a picnic to enjoy at these events however note that the consumption of alcohol is not permitted.
• BBQs are not permitted.
• There is a café kiosk on site which will be open before the performance as well as during the 20 minute interval.